Donate to Friends
Donations to Friends of Castlewood Canyon are welcomed. These donations help us to support the Friends mission and also benefit Castlewood Canyon State Park. To make a donation, simply complete the Friends Pledge and Donation Form and return it to the address on the form via the US Postal service.
Friends of Castlewood Canyon State Park Gift Policy
- Friends of Castlewood Canyon State Park (“Friends”) solicits and accepts donations and contributions for uses that are consistent with its mission and that support its core programs, as well as special projects.
- Donations and other forms of support will generally be accepted from individuals, partnerships, corporations, foundations, government agencies, or other entities.
- Friends urges all prospective donors to seek the assistance of personal legal and financial advisors in matters relating to their gifts, including the resulting tax and estate planning consequences.
- Cash: Cash gifts are acceptable in any form, including by check, money order, or credit card. Donors wishing to make a gift by credit card must provide the card type (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover), card number, expiration date, and name of the card holder as it appears on the credit card.
- Bequests and Beneficiary Designations: Donors are encouraged to make bequests to Friends under their wills, and to name Friends as the beneficiary under trusts, life insurance policies, commercial annuities and retirement plans.
- Memorial Contributions: A memorial gift to Friends is a special tribute to the life of a friend or loved one. Friends has a permanent Memory Tree on display in the Visitor Center to recognize those gifts.
- Employer Matching Gifts: Many employers have matching gift programs. Please check with your Human Resources Department to find out if your company has such a program. Include the appropriate Matching Gift Form with your donation (your donation will help twice as much).
The following policies and guidelines govern acceptance of gifts, donations, and contributions made to Friends of Castlewood Canyon State Park:
Friends of Castlewood Canyon State Park is a registered 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.
Contributions to Friends are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Donations and contributions are non-refundable and will be applied to the General Fund, to be used for support of Park programs and events. If you choose to designate your gift for a specific Park project, funds will be held for that project for at least two (2) years. If the project is not feasible the funds will revert to the General Fund.
Information about donations and contributions is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law. Friends will not sell or share contact information to other nonprofits. Gifts will be acknowledged, as required by law. Donors will be recognized on the website (without gift details), unless anonymity is requested by checking the appropriate box on the donor form.
January 14, 2016