Friends has associations with or suggests supporting the following organizations
- Colorado State Parks Colorado Parks and Wildlife was created in 2011 by the merger of Colorado State Parks and the Colorado Division of Wildlife, two nationally recognized leaders in conservation, outdoor recreation and wildlife management. Colorado Parks and Wildlife manages 42 state parks, all of Colorado's wildlife, more than 300 state wildlife areas and a host of recreational programs. Colorado's 42 state parks attract more than 11 million visitors per year, offering exceptional settings for healthy, fun-filled outdoor recreation with family and friends that promote stewardship of our natural resources.
- Volunteering at Colorado State Parks Sign up to participate in Castlewood Canyon’s (or other Colorado State parks) volunteer programs.
- Colorado Nonprofit Association Colorado Nonprofit Association works with and for all of Colorado’s nonprofits to create impact in our communities. They do so by providing cost-saving member benefits, up-to-date resources and practical information to help nonprofits. The Association provides an important voice on behalf of the sector at the Colorado State Capitol as well as nationwide. CNA relies on the support of the members, foundations and the community at-large to provide these services.
- Community Resource Center Community Resource Center (CRC) creates opportunities, tools and strategies to develop nonprofits and community groups to strengthen Colorado. CRC is a mission driven nonprofit that offers a continuum of services throughout the state of Colorado.
- National Environmental Education Foundation NEEF is the nation’s leading organization in lifelong environmental learning, connecting people to knowledge they use to improve the quality of their lives and the health of the planet. Friends submitted a grant application to NEEF and was granted the funds by which we were able to develop and implement this website.
- El Pomar Foundation El Pomar is a grantmaker and program innovator, a community convener, a place where forward thinking and rich history go together and a Foundation for Colorado.
- National Public Lands Day National Public Lands Day (NPLD) is the largest single-day volunteer effort for public lands in the United States.
- Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education CAEE serves all sectors of the Colorado community by improving the collective effectiveness of environmental education.
- Raptor Education Foundation The Raptor Education Foundation (REF) has been promoting environmental literacy since 1980 by providing schools, corporations, conventions, and gatherings of all sizes unique innovative programs and seminars that connect people with the natural world. REF utilizes an extensive cast of live, non-releasable raptors to focus attention on environmental concepts and issues.